Sunday 30 July 2017

Week 1

So the dreaded summer holidays have begun... although I say dreaded, they're not that bad really!

We begin our week with me asking Charlie to write a list of activities/ days out that he would like to do. The list is long!! I do add a few things myself, but reading through his list I've decided that;
1) We need to win the lottery!!
2) We need more than six weeks to do everything!
3) Can we not just have lazy duvet days everyday??
So the list gets stuck on the fridge for all to see, Charlie has said once he does an activity or thing on the list he will tick it off... I wonder how many things will be ticked??!


So on Monday morning Charlie and I take little Ellis to the local children's centre for a messy play session they had on. Charlie was the eldest child there but he was more than happy getting stuck in with the activities on offer. Ellis had a good look around at everything and then I sat him with some other babies in the shredded paper... he wasn't to sure! In the afternoon we went to the library to sign up for the reading challenge, this is something Charlie does every summer. Charlie was very eager to sign up today as they were holding a treasure hunt which he loves so off around the library we went looking for different pictures of characters with letters on in which we had to spell something out once we had found them all. I signed Ellis up for a library card so he could get some baby books out. I showed him a few books and he loved looking at them and started cooing at

them, so cute!! On Tuesday we met my mum at Barleylands farm in Billericay. I filmed a vlog about our day you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTOaW3mjAM&t=57s
Wednesday we had a day at home and popped to get Ellis weighed in the afternoon and he had put on a whole pound in 2 weeks!! Chunky monkey!!
Thursday we met up with Charlie's friends for a local bouncy castle day where you paid £5 for a wristband and the children had unlimited play on all the bouncy castles!! The other mums and I set up base with the blankets and chairs and told the children where we were so if they got lost they knew to look for the big tractor bouncy castle and we would be there. The fun lasted for a few hours and then the dark rain clouds crept in and the heavens opened!! No I didn't have a coat, neither did Charlie luckily I had Ellis  rain cover for his pram otherwise he would of had his first experience of rain!! I quickly discovered that if I held the picnic blanket upside down the waterproof part on the bottom would act as an umbrella!! My friend and I just stood there, drenched, mascara running down our cheeks thinking what to do?! The children didn't care they had found the bouncy castle with a roof, genius children!! Ellis was however beginning to wake and was due a feed so we abandoned the bouncy castle day, as went back to ours to play!! Friday was the day I was dreading as knew I HAD to make a start on the mount Everest of a ironing pile that was accumulating in the baby's bedroom (its still being used as my ironing room, sorry Ellis) so I put Ellis in his cot with some toys to look at, Charlie was working his way through a dvd pile downstairs (a tick for his list) and made a very big dent into it!! Go me!! I say it to myself every time, I must keep on top of it, I never do though!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTOaW3mjAM&t=57s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cabin Fever!!!

Wow this week has been hard the last time I actually left the house was on Wednesday morning to take Charlie to school, it is now Friday aft...